SDIP regional hubs bring together a wide range of local institutions and representative offices of SDIP members to tackle financing challenges at the local level.
- Convene the leading practitioners of blended finance around live projects
- Provide guidance to regional governments on accelerating project pipeline readiness
- Broaden the sources of available financing for projects in the region
- Identify local projects that benefit from the blended finance approach
- Validate early stage project pipelines to establish commercial viability
- Identify investment mechanisms that have proven effective in other regions and scale and replicate at the local level
- Map and analyze the landscape of regional PPFs and project support capital
- Host country-level capacity bridging workshops, including support for NDC/SDG investment plans
- Geographic presence
SDIP has put in place a regional hub in Africa and is currently exploring a hub in the ASEAN region. Personnel for the SDIP Africa Hub are located in Abidjan and Johannesburg.