Project Investment Review Group (PRG)
SDIP convenes members to showcase late-stage, high-impact development projects on Project Investment Review Group (PRG) calls, where blended finance solutions may help deals reach a financial close.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of blended finance and mobilize funding for projects by grounding discussions in live transactions
- Identify key bottlenecks in projects and develop solutions to mitigate or remove issues
- Increase access to financial providers for projects in uncompetitive and/or illiquid capital markets
- Allow donors to mobilize more funds for projects that meet their development mandates
- Provide guidance to developers on structuring blended finance transactions
- Identify projects that meet PRG criteria, assess potential financing opportunities and challenges, and identify solutions during PRG calls
- Match projects to blended finance capital providers to help move projects towards bankability
Minimum criteria for projects presented on PRG calls
- Mid- to late-stage project finance transactions
- Project based in developing country
- Investment required in excess of $20m (ideally in excess of $50m)
- Significant development and/or environmental impact*
- Project requires concessional finance or risk mitigation (blended finance) to secure funding to reach financial close
*Most fossil fuel-based generation is excluded.