SDIP leverages the knowledge, resources and skill sets of its members to create an environment that is conducive for private sector investment.
At present, there is fragmentation and a lack of coordination across blended finance activities. In areas such as infrastructure, there is often duplication of efforts and funding from donors.
- Improve coordination and efficiencies of members’ engagement with blended finance
- Promote the sharing and adoption of blended finance best practices
- Convene members through PRG calls, SDIP events and marketplaces to facilitate sharing of best practices and insights
- Engage with other global initiatives focused on blended finance and keep members of SDIP apprised of developments in the space
- Establish frameworks and principles that promote blended finance activity:
- MDB-private sector dialogue
- Investment guidelines for blended finance (OECD DAC Principles for blended finance, Principles for Sustainable Infrastructure)
- Infrastructure as an Asset Class (document standardization, MDB collaboration)